Saturday, August 7, 2010

About The Kyoto International Student House

As I wrote in the first entry, I live in the dormitory named “Kyoto International Student House.” This dorm had been the best place to live until some changes have made.


There are not only students but also “House Family” in the dorm. And they are supposed to help the residents and enjoy the life with us (students). As far as I know, the former and the former of former house family were so great that this house was the place where people who lived in want to come back (not any more).


However, now this horrible house family came and the situation has totally changed. To be honest, I do not like them. I might go to the Netherlands for a year and when I finished this I’ll have to come back to Kyoto and need a place to live in, but as long as this house family stay in the house I would never come back here. They ruined and changed our house. They think they are dominator of the dorm or something. One day we had an argument with house parents about how we think and feel, how we want them to be like, and the house mother said to me that “if you don’t like our way, just move out from the dorm!” --- How dare can she say that? Who the hell she thinks she is?

I don’t think they understood what we wanted to say after more than 2 hours discussion…*sigh*


Also, I just heard something happened in the house. There is this guy from Argentina who has been living in the house for 5 years now. And his contribution to the house was quite huge, for example when we had party kind of things he always tried to get as many people as possible and made people fully enjoy.


About one month ago he had a traffic accident with a taxi and his PC was broken, so he had to buy a new one (the taxi company would pay for the cost afterwards, of course) so that he couldn’t pay his rent. The house parents and the office lady are so upset about this and said to him that “you have to pay extra money for the delay.” I could hardly believe my ears when I heard the story. I could understand their decision if he was someone who just came into the house, because then this guy seems he might not pay his rent and run away, but for him, he’s been in the house for 5 years... And he had his reason... I feel they are so mean. I guess they just want kick him out (Actually, they are about to make it, because he's leaving tomorrow) and that’s why they also said to him that he cannot let his friends (even his girlfriend) in his room at all, I’ve never heard this rule though.


I believe they just want to live in the house comfortably, quietly. It seems that all they care about are their own good only. I’m sorry to say this but if someone wants to live in this house, they cannot expect this house to be quiet or a good place to study at all. Once you come into this house you should try to find a life-changing friendship, which you really can find. We literally live in the same house and we talk, eat, hung out together and everything, these make us so much close. And the house parents ruined these opportunities by making ridiculously strict rules in order to make this house comfortable for them, and this makes me so angry...!!


This house is not a usual apartment at all, although the house father said “why this house is so different from a normal apartment?” I knew that he thinks this way! The house is nothing but a normal place to live for them. If they really think this way, they should be disqualified from the house parents, seriously. They don’t get any of the philosophy of “Haus der Begegnung.”


We live in the same dorm with such a thin walls and doors so that everyone knows who is sick, who is with their boy/girl-friends etc. I admit that at first this is not so comfortable but after a while you would find how precious this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment