Thursday, August 5, 2010

Introducing Myself

This is my first entry in English.
I've been writing a blog in Japanese for some time. I just wanted to write something what I think, feel etc.

The other day one of my friends asked me if I have a blog. I said yes and gave her the URL but the problem is she cannot read Japanese. This is the reason why I started another blog in English.

And another reason why I started this is that I might be able to go to the Netherlands as an exchange student from February 2011 for a year, so I want to polish my writing English.
When you find some horrible mistakes, just tell me please!

From now on, I introduce myself. I'm a graduate student and my major is Geology, especially in Metamorphic Petrology. I'm turning 23 in this September (2010). I live in the dormitory named "Kyoto International Student House." In this dorm, two thirds of us are not Japanese. Because of this situation I experienced a lot of things which I guess I would never have if I didn't come into the dorm.

Before living here my whole world was just Japan. I knew ABOUT the fact that there are other people and other world but I didn't KNOW the fact. For those reasons I never considered about studying abroad or even about trip to other countries.

I guess a lot of Japanese people are the same as me at the time. I think we should go out and see things in the world. This is why I want to spend my time abroad and this is why I applied for the exchange programme.

No comments:

Post a Comment